What I'm Working On
- 🎓 I am a Freshman at UCLA, Class of 2025, majoring in Financial Actuarial Mathematics.
- ✍️ On this website, I write about my personal productivity methods, share my notes on books I've read and explore some life-changing insights I've had the privilege to stumble upon.
- 💻 Creating digital products that move the needle is at the core of my non-academic passion. I'm currently running Project Astra with the help of some Juniors. Every June to September, I also run a 4-Week Cohort on UCAS Lab with my friends to help UK Universities Applicants.
- 🎨 I love beautiful design. Companies that hire me as a long-term Web Designer are Genieus Mart and Hype Streetwear MY.
- 🌐 I've recently joined Bruin Actuarial Society as an Intern for this upcoming Spring Quarter.
- 💌 Two years ago, I started a FREE weekly newsletter Sunday Scoop🍨 where I share :-
- a short article on a few life lessons I've picked up/productivity method I'm experimenting within the week
- links to the favourite contents I consumed that week
- a question to ponder on for the week (or a challenge if I'm feeling cheeky!)
Since then, it has garnered over 300 subscribers. Join the family below!
My Content Creation Platforms
- The HQ for all my content creation work
- Doubles as a personal portfolio
- Periodically, I publish long-form articles that I think would bring value to others
- I would never put Google Ads on here because it affects the user experience (especially after I spent so long ensuring the design is intuitive for my readers)
- A weekly newsletter curated for students where I share a few insights that I picked up throughout the week and the most valuable content that I consumed in the particular week.
- I aim to make this the most valuable read of your week (or at least direct you to one)
- Occasionally, I share offers that are exclusive to the newsletter subscribers
- Subscribing is the best way to support my work
- The first platform I update whenever I publish new content on my website/newsletter
- I share Instagram posts/podcasts/screenshots of articles that resonates with me and might add value to you
- I write daily tweets/threads on productivity tips and life insights that helped me to live a more productive, mindful and intentional life
- I break down the best podcasts/books I consume into bite-sized threads
- I actively refuse to tweet generic one-liners that anyone can get from Google as I aim to provide context to my audience
- A platform where I network on a more professional and formal setting
- This platform helped me to reach a wider audience and connect with people with similar profiles (500+ connections within 1 month)
- It is also the fastest and most efficient way to get an overview of my professional profile
- I regularly update the books/audiobooks I consume
- The books I read/listened to are rated per 5 ⭐
- Personal book notes are included for most of the books. (more can be found on the Book Notes page of this site)
- ⌨️ I started learning touch typing during the Covid-19 lockdown and is now averaging at 115 WPM. Working on getting to 140 WPM before end of the year. Recommended resources are Keybr and 10 Fast Fingers.
- 📓 Since entering UCLA, I've slolwy begun to realize the importance of documenting my thought process as I learn stuff. I'm currently using LaTeX to type up my Math notes and posting them on my website completely for free!
This section gives you a little insight into the core values and principles that I hold closest to heart and I consciously try to apply them in everything that I do. It also serves as a litmus test to determine our compatibility in working together. If we are of the same frequency, I'd be more than eager to know more about you and perhaps even work on something together further down the line!
Work Ethic - Outwork Everyone.
Kindness - Be a little kinder than necessary.
Consciousness - Question your thought processes constantly and keep your ego in check.
Practical - Never give less than your best but if things turn out the other way, don't lament. Learn.
Growth Mindset - Be grateful and appreciative of where you are at but never, never be blindly complacent. Actively seek opportunities to grow and improve.
Things that resonate with me
This is a section where I shortlist the top 5 things that I've had the privilege to stumble upon that have resonated deeply with me, stuck with me and has shaped my thought process throughout the years. It ranges from books to quotes to music and videos.